[AT] OT Heating with wood

Michael P. Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 11:56:26 PDT 2005

The biggest reason code is setup to not allow this is because using this
method, chimney fires are a lot more common.  If you take care of your
chimney/fireplace, it shouldn't be a big deal.  I have an insert in my fire
place that you just slide in, and seal up the front.  The major trick is, to
pull it it out periodically and clean out around it and such where the
creosote may have fallen.  I would say if you clean your chimney often, and
clean around your plate etc.  You should be fine.

Also keep in mind Charlie, that while the first year, it may be more
expensive to setup the stove, do you really think fuel prices will drop for
next year?  I spent almost $2k putting my chimney in, and installing my free
wood boiler.  I bet it paid for itself in the first 2 years...

Mike