[Ford-ferguson] Access to gas/radiator on TO-20

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Sep 29 05:12:31 PDT 2005

I received the following message from a correspondent who has a problem
with his TO-20. Not ever having dealt with Ferguson tractors, I am
unable to make any suggestions. Please copy Larry (at
<twojean at quik.com>) with any suggestions. I find it hard to believe that
his situation is unique, and someone must have worked through it
(without carving up the hood). Maybe modifying the loader bar to raise
it up? But that still leaves the pump drive shaft going through the
grille...

Thanks,

Mike

Would you know if the *original* Fergie TO-20 had a special radiator
cap with handles or some device to access easily from the outside?
Ditto w/gas cap?
Remember that Wagner loader (9N) that was installed on my '49
Fergie? Not only does the cross-over bar stop the hood going up, but the
pto going through the hood does, too. Not someone's better idea.

Larry <twojean at quik.com>

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common. -John Locke,
philosopher (1632-1704)