[AT] Happy tractor news

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Tue Sep 27 22:02:01 PDT 2005

All, I got a real surprise today. The first of my two promised new Farmalls
was delivered (using my 24' tilt trailer with the aircraft wheels and no
brakes or lights - a real farm trailer) late today  that I traded for. So I
walked over to it and looked at it. It sure didn't look like a Farmall to
me! It was a Massey-Harris Pony! I was very surprised. This will be my first
Red tractor that was not an International. It has pipe racks and a harvest
platform on it, set up on 80" wheel spacing to match my vegetable beds. It
sure has TINY tires and motor! I looked up the Nebraska test rating of just
under 11HP and am thinking it sure is small, even compared with my AC C pipe
tractor.
    I hope there will be enough clearance for my squash and beans, but I
suspect it will only clear the shorter beans, not the squash. My Summer
Squash at the home place right now are about three feet tall and growing and
producing like gangbusters. I am crossing my fingers that we do not get a
frost until Christmas like some years as then I might be able to survive
this fall financially!
    So, I will be checking this tractor out in the next several weeks and
may have to solicit advice from the list. Happy old tractors! Oh, I did not
yet check the serial number as I had to haul produce....
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California