[AJD] D on the Dyno

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 07:30:51 PDT 2005

Since it's slow, I dynoed my '47 D at the Cedarland Fall Festival in Tipton, IA yesterday.  It was an M&W pto outfit.  First time I've ever done that.  Pulled 52 hp at the PTO at 525 rpm.  A 70 gas with a power block dynoed right before me and pulled 44.  I have missed out on a couple gas manifolds for that D on Ebay.  I wonder if that would make him a little healthier.  Not that I need it or need it to guzzle any more fuel!
My little '41 H was next.  I finally got her put together, but without paint on the hood/grilles (gotta do body work).  She got to 14 without lugging down the engine too badly, but it kicked out of gear and my clutch isn't very good, so I told them that was good enough for me.  The H had to be bored .030" and have new aluminum pistons from Lindstrom, so I think it probably has maybe 10" more horse than stock, but I've really got to get a new pressure plate and drive disk.  I know at least one of my springs on that pressure plate is broken, I just have to find one.  I was happy and relieved.  I added the PTO to this tractor and it appeared to work great.  Thank God for parts manuals and Dave Cook (albeit a little expensive).
Wish I had pictures.
Sorry
Steve - Tipton, IA

Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote: