[AJD] John Deere D PTO

Louis Spiegelberg louis at kellnet.com
Thu Sep 15 07:21:40 PDT 2005

Luke,

The D's from serial #119945 on up are pretty much mechanically the same.  I
think the biggest differences are the cosmetics.  I sure if I am wrong about
this, I will be corrected.

According to "Attachments for John Deere Tractors And Engines AC-1000",
which was reprinted by Green Magazine; My PTO attachment will work on
tractors from serial number 113823 and up.  The above mentioned book was
originally printed by Deere in 1958

You will have to remove the transmission cover.  There is a cover on the
left side of the case that has to be removed and replaced with a housing
cover. The reduction cover will have to be removed, so the sliding gearshaft
can be replaced.  That is needed so the PTO can be driven.  I think it is a
pretty simple installation.

I have pictures posted at the following address:
http://www.srstractor.com/JDPTO.html .
I am able to spin the shaft easily with my hand.

Lou