[AT] Invitation to a BBQ another Fire Truck for sale

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Sep 14 17:50:06 PDT 2005

Howdy all.
      Just a note to invite folks to the VanHornesville Fire Departments
6th Annual Fall Chicken BBQ. This year we are also having a small
antique engine/equipment display in the back of the station as well as
the BBQ out front.
For interested folks this will be held at the Starkville Station #2 on
Wagner Hill road off of Ellwood Road and Route 80.
http://snipurl.com/dj4i  for a map that gives you an idea where the
station is, about 1/4 mile south of the Elwood road intersection.

The truck mentioned is a 1975 Ford Cabover, 534 gas with a Bean built
pumper chassis. Runs good and is still a good fire truck, we bought a
newer rig and need to get this one out of the way. It has a 28,000 pound
rating on the chassis, 5 speed trans and is geared to run about 65 mph
MAX. Asking price is 3500.00 but it is open for negotiations. It does
have two problems with it. One the gas tank has a small leak (easy to
repair since the tank is easy to get to, we just haven't bothered to fix
it since we aren't running it) and the color.. it is lime/yellow....

Come for the chicken and drive away in a fire truck where else can you
get a deal like that !

If your interested in more info on either item or both just drop me a
note.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York