[Ford-ferguson] 8n brake pawl

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 14 11:57:35 PDT 2005

>From: "soffiler at myeastern.com" <soffiler at myeastern.com>
>Howdy folks:
>I am a bit embarrased to admit it's been a few years since I
>sold my 8N, and I can't seem to recall how the brake lock
>was set up.  Call it a parking brake, brake pawl, whatever

There is a pawl on an arm on the brake actuating rod.. there is a sector
plate mounted thru 2 bolts of the round dipstick cover.  Step on the brake,
and then use your finger to engege the pawl into the sector plate.

The sector plates are removed many times and lots/discarded when the round
inspection covers are removed to work on the hyds.

Soundguy