[AT] Re:Need help with internet and computer

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 18:44:42 PDT 2005

I know there are some really good computer folks on the list and I need some
help.

My new (iyr old computer a Dell) will not accept any commands from the
keyboard when it boots up. It will accept the mouse ntil the MCafee anti virus
program screen loads then it will not accept anything.  I have forgot how to get it
into safe mode,so I cannot get it to connect to the internet.  It is on
Windows XP.  It has been getting a worse internet connection for the last 3 months.
 I even got a modem connection for my cell phone to get sround the slow
connctions we have here, but now it will not boot up.

My old Compaq laptop is on Windows 98.  I resurrected it and am using it.
However, I only have e-mail service.  I cannot get any web site to display.  It
tells me that the server is busy etc....  It worked yesteday, why not today.
Is the internet down from all the Hurricane relief traffic.............    Do
I have such a slow connection that low priority on aol connections.

Last month I took my dell laptop in to my MIL's house and it was running at
56K  out here it usually runs at about 14400 to 9600.  My Dell is also a
laptop.  I have disconnected the telephone line at the access box and am plugged
into thephone line from outside right now...

Help

Cecil in OKla