[Farmall] Heidrick auction

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Sun Sep 4 21:01:25 PDT 2005

See http://www.proxibid.com/csi/Catalog.asp?aid=2747 for the Heidrick
auction catalog.  Sept. 16 and 17 in Woodland, CA.

I'm still debating whether to go or not.  You can bid via intenet also.
There are a couple of 8-16s.  Whole bunch of T-20s, most with hoods and
engine side covers.  The sheet metal is worth more than the tractors it is
hanging on.  10-20s, same story.  Three or four parts O-12s and a W-12.
Coupla really rough F-12s.  Several larger IHC crawlers.

One thing that bothers me is four or five rough 10-20 TracTractors.  In my
opinion, those are rare, collectible tractors, but I'll bet they wind up
scrapped.  Too big, heavy, old, and hard to find parts for.  And not green.

My current prediction is that there will be big bucks spent on the Holt and
Best crawlers, good money spent on the Cats, and most of the rest of the
tractors will probably go cheaply.  They're pretty doggone rough.  We'll
see.

-Karl