[AJD] wheel pinion bolt removal

wwwayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Sun Sep 4 18:15:40 PDT 2005

The pinion bolt on my 50 was rust welded in the pinion.  I drilled two holes
in a piece of heavy angle to go over the rim mounting studs at right angle
with the bolt hold.  Slobbered the hole good with gear lube, inserted a
short pin and pushed the pin with a 20 ton jack.  It took a lot of pressure
but the bolt finally moved. Once it moved it pushed out easy.  The initial
movement seated the snapring in the grove.  Took two days to move the first
wheel and about 2 hours for the other one after I figured out how to do it
and make the tools.
Merle Wayne