[AT] Help--sickle grinders

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Sep 3 16:53:41 PDT 2005

Funny you should mention that particular combination, Charlie.  One of
the last scale model farm tractors I added to my collection before I
started collecting real tractors instead is a Farmall A with the
mid-mount mower.  When the price of toy tractors started rivaling the
real thing, I decided it would be a lot more fun and worthwhile to have
something that I could actually ride and do some work with.  I made the
switch and have never looked back.  My latest addition is another
five-foot sickle bar mower that I think I'll be able to completely
restore for under $75 including the original purchase price.

One of these days, I'm going to start liquidating the farm toy
collection.  My grandkids love to come and visit because there is a
fairly large group of the tractors and implements that I let them have
free rein over.  But neither of my kids has any lasting desire to
continue the collection, so I'll start selling it off one of these days
and save them the problems of having it included in my estate. Now the
real operating tractors are a different matter.  I'll keep those as long
as I'm able to ride.

Larry