[AT] New toy

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Sep 2 06:23:48 PDT 2005

Don't feel bad, John.  I recognized it as an old garden tractor brand.
I have three volumes of early and vintage garden tractors by my computer
desk, so I simply looked it up and found two different models
illustrated -- one with metal handle bars, one with wooden ones.  Both
tractors are fairly small even for garden tractors, and both have
completely open engines and drive mechanisms.  David says that the
enclosure he opened is obviously an add-on.  I can't tell from the
illustration what the brand of engine is, but it's probably one of the
current models that were being manufactured by Briggs, Clinton, or one
of the other manufacturers in 1919 or so.

Larry