[AT] Gasoline $

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Sep 2 03:56:32 PDT 2005

> So today's price on the spot market has little to do with the production cost of the gasoline delivered today to your local service station. Unfortunately, you won't read or hear that in the media reports.
>
> Mike

	It  may not have anything to do with the price of gas delivered
to your gas station but I can tell you one thing - if you are an
independent gas station operator and you are sitting there with 5000
gallons or more of fuel in your tanks, and the price of fuel has gone
up by almost a buck in two days, you had better raise your prices to
be in line with the others or you will not have money to buy gas to
fill your tanks when you run out.

	There is nothing complicated about our system of supply and
demand. If the demand goes up, so do prices until they tend to
equalize. That is what is happening right now and it will continue until
things settle down.

	I personally doubt anyone or any company is monkeying with
the price of oil. It is all based on our simple yet very efficient
and effective system.

Cecil