[Steam-engine] New guy's sugestion

Eric Applegate eric at glassactonline.com
Tue Oct 4 12:23:07 PDT 2005

From: "Dan Donaldson" <ddonaldson at tampatank.com>
Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:32:31 -0400

>Eric,
>
>    Welcome to the mailing list.  What kind of stationary engines are you
>working on?  Are they Corlis engines?
>    I am currently building a new ASME boiler for my 26 HP Advance straw
>burner.  You can see all of the old threads at this web site
>http://www.stationary-engine.com/pipermail/steam-engine/

No nothing from George yet.  Althogh I did find out about a Corlis and went to look at it.  Seems it might be avalible.  It is in the weather in fairly badly rusted.  With enough time and money (I am sure you know how that goes) it might run again.

The ones I have now one has a "D" slide valve another has a piston valve and there is a uniflo.  I think the Corlis would round it out nicely, you never can tell how it will work out.

Sounds like the boiler is coming along nicely, man that is a big project.  I am guessing that it is exactly like the prior boiler or are you changing the design at all?

Thanks for the welcome
Eric