[AT] Visiting ATIS members during 9/18 trip

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Oct 2 12:46:25 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Indiana Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:17 AM
Subject: RE: [AT] Visiting ATIS members during 9/18 trip

> My Farmall Super M does that about 2 or 3 times a year.
> Usually when it has a low battery from sitting or when I
> fail to give a solid tug on the starter rod and it just
> barely makes contact. I can rarely rock it backward since
> it has a loader on it all of the time and most of the time
> a three point implement. I have long carried a yard sale
> 9/16" combination wrench in its tool box to loosen the
> starter enough for it to drop out.

Situations like this are where I really appreciate a tractor with a belt
pulley like these old Cockshutts have. On the odd occasion that the starter
does lock up against the ring gear I simply engage the belt pulley and give
it just the slightest turn . Thats usually enough to release the starter and
try again.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/