[AJD] AR Project tractor

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 21:17:17 PST 2005

According to PL-AR2 The block is an A3703R sub for
AA4373R. PC675 lists the same blocks for the AR and
also that the late styled A's over s/n 648,000  also
used the A3703R or AA4374R block.  I would bet that
you could use a late A or early 60 block in your AR.

  As far as heads go, PL-AR2 says A3367R sub for
AA4008R is the late AR head.  PC675 says that A3376R
was used from 272,000 to 279368.  Above that A4226R
was used for the AR.  on the A side it shows A3367R or
A4226R could be used on S/N 584,00 and up.

   I would bet any head from an A 584,000 and up would
work as well as any block from the same serial number
range.  If you try using the lower ones it will not
work,  I tried to put a late A head on my 1945 A and
they aren't even close.  You have to match the A2325R
head with A2324R block on the cast frame styled A's.
Hope this is helpful and that you can understand it.
I am using Captain Morgan's cough syrup tonight.

               Chris
          Chris