[Farmall] (no subject)

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 10:00:27 PST 2005

The problem with the very early Cubs is that, while the muffler is
pretty much standard, the decals and the grille were somewhat different
from later models. Later model replacement grilles are available, but
the '47 had a wire screen that was finer than the later ones up through
the '50s. If historical purity isn't an issue, you can find the later
replacements just by doing a Google search. I think Steiner Tractor and
OEM Tractor Parts probably carry them.

As far as the decals, you would have to see the actual decal to see if
it matches what was originally on yours. I have seen all kinds of
variations, including some that were never on a tractor but are a kind
of "generic" Cub decal.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
broken.  - Benjamin Disraeli