[Steam-engine] Hard water

HISTMACHRY at aol.com HISTMACHRY at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 15:11:15 PST 2005

Rick,

For water treatment recommendations talk to such as vendor in your area, they
can test your water and make recommend a treatment from there. At the min I
would treat to keep the soilds in suspension, frequent blowdown and periodic
washing of the boiler will keep it clean. The risk I see with any acid type
cleaning is it may clean out the rust in some of your riveted seams, which would
then have to be caulked to stop the leaks. A water softener would be the hot
set-up, just don't get the water to soft.

Robert Yuill