[AT] I spent $300 at a yard sale yesterday

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Oct 30 07:53:12 PST 2005

Co-incidentally I am in the market for a round bale handler myself having
just bought a used 847 NH round baler. I'm leaning toward a spear that can
be attached to the front end loader bucket of my Massey Super 90 as it
should be easy to remove or install whenever I need to. But I"m wondering
how well it will work such as will the Massey be heavy enough to drive the
spear through the centre of these round bales? They seem like a pretty hard
core bale even though not as big diameter as some other balers make. (These
bales are about 4 foot diameter).
Are the double spear handlers better than a single spear?
The trailer model in the link looks good but I would think if a person had
many bales to pick up in a day the front end loader type would be faster.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/