[Steam-engine] Hard water

Terry Welch ksw001 at pensys.com
Sun Oct 30 06:26:22 PST 2005

Rick we collect rain water for the boilers here. I do believe they still treat
it, acid rain you know. I was told that the reason you change the fusable plug
is from the heating the plug goes through some work harding in the lead area
and may not melt out if needed. I found that out at steam school and was
talking to a engine owner last week. He told me he is planning on changing his
plug every other year.
Terry