[AJD] Brass fuel valve assembly on Deere H

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Oct 29 20:24:37 PDT 2005

I know people with common sense just throw these valves and pay the price
for new ones, but I'm so close to having this one working.  Got it all
ground with fine valve compound and now I think I can assemble it.  Can I
use anything to lubricate it?  Running dry it seems to stick.  I remember
fighting this as a kid with my Model T Ford, had a tapered brass part that
turned inside a cast iron valve under the tank.  Would get it all sealed up
and working then it would seize up after a month or two.  Oil worked for a
little while but the gasoline would wash it away.

What's SOP for this?

Thanks!

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.