SV: [AT] More radiant heat.

Mattias Kessén mattias at linderson-mark-bygg.se
Wed Oct 26 23:43:38 PDT 2005

I've never heard of anyone making the concrete thicker because of the
heattubing, but then of course we things our way ;-) As I said earlier
thicken the concrete were you have loads like under the stove if it's heavy,
we usually use about 4" inch in most places and 5" in heavier industries.
The mainreasons why we use that much insulation is high energycosts (if I
could by oil at your prices, like we did 20 years ago why insulate the
floor? Not really but anyway) The energycosts will hardly become much lower
in the future.
If you were to store heat why do it in an uninsulted area? think about it,
if you really think you have need for heatstorage why not use insulated
watertanks (like I would do anyway) or maybe thicker concrete or gravel
between insulation and concrete.

Only some thoughts

/Mattias