[Farmall] Steering wheel repair

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 07:05:21 PDT 2005

I bought the Eastwood kit, and that mainly consisted of the PC-7 epoxy
and a book. The book was interesting but not worth the money - the
suggestions presented here by various members was just as good.

Two comments: 1. if the rubber has started to crack, it is because of
exposure to sunlight, and it will only get worse if it isn't protected.
So, regardless of what you do with the cracks, you need to paint the
surface with a very hard durable paint that can withstand the abuse of
steering a tractor. If you don't, you will also find your hands coated
with black crud every time you use the tractor. 2. I am sure that buying
a replacement wheel is the ideal solution in the end, but I wanted to
see what could be done first with minimal effort and expense. That is
just my nature, and we retired guys have a whole lot more time than
money. :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
broken.  - Benjamin Disraeli