[AJD] anti freeze

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 06:33:30 PDT 2005

Frank,
As a chemist, knowing the solubility properties, I guarantee that it will mix simply from the law of diffusion.  Regardless, convection from the running does cause movement of the more dense fluid surrounding the block and head which would aid the diffusion.  Not the most efficient way to evenly disperse the two liquids and it might take a long time (have to think relatively here), but they absolutely positively will be entirely mixed at some point even if the engine is never run at all.
Steve

Frank <gremaux at tein.net> wrote:
how many of you guys would sign to the fact that antifreeze will not mix
with water added separately in a thermo siphon system such as a Deere might
have?

yes I am in an argument here an d I say it will not mix

Frank
gremaux at tein.net
Central Montana
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/deeregp/index.html