[AT] Case 530G

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 16:14:20 PDT 2005

Hi guys

I may have a chance to trade for a Case 530G backhoe “kit.”  IOW it’s
partially disassembled.  Trying to figure out how to get it home.

I have a little experience with backhoes but not much.  Had an old Clark
years ago.  Although I never removed it IIRC the hoe assembly & the
front end loader were relatively easy to remove (just a few bolts).  Is
this Case the same way?  My trailer is 14’ long tilt back with about
7500 load cap (10k gross; weighs something in the neighborhood of 2500
pd IIRC).  Any guess to the weight of this machine?  Figure the only way
I can haul it is to split it into 3 pieces.  Should be much easier to
get the engine back in it (it’s out right now) with the front loader
removed as it wouldn’t have to be lifted so high to clear the lift arms.
Last question, is it necessary to remove the front axle to remove the
engine?  It is there but removed; figure it’ll be easier to load if it
could be put back on for transporting it.  should have looked at how it
mounted (& lotsa other stuff) but didn’t.  bout 50 miles away.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Lew