[Farmall] Steering wheel repair

barry miller millerbw at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 14:31:39 PDT 2005

I filled the cracks with JB weld then painted it with fiberglass resin to build up the wheel (several coats then I painted with a black paint.
Barry Miller

Andy glines <pioneersop96 at yahoo.com> wrote:
The consistency if JB weld is directly related to the
temperature. On a warm day it can be quite runny.
The directions tell us to let it set awhile after
mixing before applying it. As the JB sits it begins
to cure and becomes thicker. I use JB weld on a
steering wheel and was mostly happy with the result.
Its starting to show cracks after about 2 years. I'm
not sure if these are new cracks or old ones opening
back up. I am thinking about using plastic body
filler (bondo) this time.

--- Karl Olmstead wrote:

> Use a file to open up the cracks.. "V"-shape is
> ideal. Fill cracks with
> PC-7, an epoxy paste available at Ace Hardware. JB
> Weld is too runny unless
> you confine it with tape dams. File smooth, prime
> and paint.
>
> -Karl
> > Is there anyway to repair a steering wheel with
> cracked rubber? The
> > damage is not too bad- no 'chunks' missing. Was
> hoping for some type of
> > filler. This is for my F20.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN