[AT] Charity auctions

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Oct 23 08:47:26 PDT 2005

Unfortunately, I am having to send the note I was hoping I would never have
to send.  Here it is October and we haven't sent out a dime yet from the
winter or summer auctions.   I can't, with any semblance of self respect,
wait on everyone any longer.  I am going to send money out using the
following distribution:

20% - Tod Engine - 25%
20% - Internal Fire 25%
20% - Red Cross Ear marked for Hurricane relief(contrary to what you
occasionally hear on these lists, the Red Cross has a stellar financial
performance)
20% - UNICEF (earmarked for the Pakistan quake)
10% - Les Turner Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Foundation in honor of
Bernie Hartmann (I am not donating to ALS Assoc since their score was
downgraded at CharityNavigator.com)
10% - Brookstown United Methodist Church Youth Fellowship Annual Mission
Trip(my chosen recipient)

I hate to act unilaterally, and those on the list that know me know I am
not cavalier with important matters such as a charity auction.   However, I
have begged and pleaded, solicited and been patient.   I set up a voting
system that no one used(15 votes does not a quorum make), and waited for
input from the SEL list as to how they wanted the summer's money spent; as
I was told a scholarship fund was gong to get set up but no one has
followed up with me to date on that.

In the end, all I can envision are folks in need and our money sitting
idle.   It's a shame.   I can't wait any longer so I have to do this.  It
will take me a day or two to write the checks/fill out web donations, so if
anyone has any input over the next day or two, I will of course as always
consider your point of view and would like to hear from you.   But I will
have to act.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!