[Farmall] Value of a 10-20?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Oct 22 10:48:07 PDT 2005

Thanks to Bob, Charlie, and Mike for replying so far. I have forwarded
your notes to my friend. He does have a Farmall Cub Lo-boy, but he isn't
  really a FATG. He has been trying to decide whether to keep and
restore the tractor or sell it.

The reason I don't have a better description is because he doesn't know
what should be there and what shouldn't. He also doesn't know where to
find the serial number.

One of his problems is that the shed that was sheltering the tractor was
accidentally knocked down recently by a contractor hired to remove the
adjacent fuel tanks. The tractor doesn't appear to have been damaged,
but it makes taking pictures and checking serial numbers a risky
proposition. :-)

Mike

Bob Currie wrote:
> Mike,
> Hard to give out any dollar values with such a general description. The
> 10-20 was a very common tractor and there are many of them available. It
> is not especially a hot collectible item in the McCormick Deering world,
> but It would be good to know the serial number, which would tell us the
> year, and of course, a more detailed description would be helpful. One
> of the big things on a 10-20 is whether the engine compartment side
> curtains are still there and in good shape. They tend to get beat up and
> taken off most of the time because they are in the way when you have to
> work on the motor.  So "with all the tin seems to be there", motor
> stuck, been kept inside, and hoping for original and complete, I'd say
> your in the range of 500-800 dollars. If it is 1925 or earlier, any
> accessories, etc. etc., then the price would go up.
>
> bobcurrie
>
> At 08:55 AM 10/22/05, you wrote:
>
>> A friend has inherited a McCormick Deering 10-20 that has been sitting
>> inside a shed for the last maybe 50 years - it was used only to power
>> the pump at a fuel oil dealership that has been inactive for at least
>> a decade. It is on steel wheels, and all of the tin seems to be there
>> and no rust. He tried to turn the engine with the crank and could not,
>> but otherwise he knows nothing about it. He has had some offers to buy
>> it, but he has no idea what it could be worth. I have no idea at all.
>>
>> I wasn't able to find much with a Google search, so I thought maybe
>> some of you might be able to offer some comparable prices from memory
>> or from auctions, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated,
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> --
>> Mike Sloane
>> Allamuchy NJ
>> mikesloane at verizon.net
>> Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
>> Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
>>
>> Don't judge men's wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.
>> -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
>>

>> --

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ