[AT] Radiant heat

ivan ivancou at alltel.net
Fri Oct 21 16:36:43 PDT 2005

I started to put foam in mine but the local lumberyard said that the "new
trend " is double bubble . It is a whole lot cheaper than 2 " foam .   I put
it down over top of the vapor barrier then covered it with sheets of
corrugated siding laid so that it made little troughs . The pex tubing was
laid in and fastened with conduit straps and screws.  Cement was fiber
reinenforced as opposed to wire .  Just turned the pump on the other night ,
trying to get all the air out now .  I'm having trouble getting it to push
the water, it is a used pump which sat for awhile .  I do have a spare but
its also used and if I have to drain the boiler to install it I think it
would be better to splurge for a new one .  Ivan