[AT] OT; Ford 2600

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 21 06:07:02 PDT 2005

On 20 Oct 2005 at 21:12, H. L. Staples wrote:

> We are in the process of cleaning up for repainting our Ford
> 2600.
>
> Need and easy way to remove the vinyl decals .
>
> Have tried a heat gun, but a lot of sticky residue
remains.

> Any shortcuts would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> H. L. Staples

	Hey H.L.:

	Go to Wally World and buy a couple of cans of their
cheapie Tech brand of spray carburetor cleaner. If you can
lay it flat, lay a rag on the decal and spray the rag. It
will hold the solvent on the decal longer. That stuff would
eat the scum off of a bad TV show.   :-)

	This reminds me of our Canadian friend at CUBFEST 2004 who
said that up there they call them "deck'els"...   We just
call them decals. Some of the boys in the deep south call
them "deee'cals".   :-)

--
"farmer"
Hewick Midwest

The master in the art of living makes little distinction
between his
work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and
his body,
his information and his recreation, his love and his
religion. He
hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision
of
excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide
whether he
is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.
 ~ James A. Michener, attributed

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net