[AT] 350 B engine swap problem

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 18:14:19 PDT 2005

Larry, Are you sure the engine was correctly connected to the torque
convertor? I once saw an engine rebuilt for a JD log skidder and the owner  deceided
he would install it. I don't remember all of the details but he somehow
screwedup the engine crankshaft by installing different bolts which had pulled  the
crankshaft back  which screwed up the main bearings and it would only  run on
either. He thought it was a fuel primer problem too. Checkout the service
manual and make sure you did it right if possible. Does this model of engine
have a place to insert an engine turning tool? Willard Smith, Tacoma, WA.

I  swapped an engine in my JD350B Crawler. The replacement ran when
removed  from the previous crawler.
As I was priming the fuel system (cranking) it  suddenly
seized. Now the starter will not turn it over - I guess  this
means I will need to pull the engine back out. Anyone
got any ideas  short of pulling the engine?

Larry Sikes
Rock Ridge  Farm
Florida
http:rockridgefarm.com