[Steam-engine] wood bearings

Jeff Smith steamenginesmitty at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 18:49:55 PDT 2005

Robert,

I looked at that sawmill one day so well that the guy
started asking me questions because he could tell that
I knew a little about sawmills.  That mill had a paper
wheel that ran perpendicular to a steel wheel to power
the carriage.  I don't remember the cut-off saw, but I
found it interesting that a state owned boiler could
have the engine removed and the studs ground off flush
with the outside of the boiler and also a few welds
over some of them.  I had a long discussion with the
manager of the steam division and he told me how the
state was starting to crack down on them and he had to
have a new locomotive boiler built.  I love that place
and think it is really neat.

Jeff Smith