[AT] Different color tractors

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 14 18:50:33 PDT 2005

On 14 Oct 2005 at 19:35, carl gogol wrote:

> Farmer-
> Didn't the first WCs also have hand brakes?  That's the
> story as I remember my dad telling it. Always turn left -
> always turn left.

	As far as I know all of the WC's had hand brakes but I
don't really know of any with a hand clutch. I was just
ragging on the AC guys. Most WC's have one or the other
hand brake levers stuck. I have seen a few with both stuck.
  :-)   It is usually the left one that is stuck since it
is 83 feet from the driver. That encourages the driver to
use the right one that is right next to his leg. My
neighbor's AC "C" has hand brakes. I don't recall the year
for sure but I think it is a 1941. My 1946 is foot brakes.
Actually that C in my neighbors shed is his wife's... It
belonged to her grandfather. That neighbor is a great guy
and I really enjoy visiting with him but I fear I am going
to lose him before long. He is getting burned out on all of
the yard work he has generated for himself. He has 5 acres
with a new house and pole barn. He mows all of it
"CONSTANTLY" and it is wearing him down. I mow a lot of
grass but I don't mind letting it get a few extra inches
tall. He mows the whole thing every time it grows an inch.
He also has a lot of trees and a white picket fence and he
is always running a string trimmer. My trimmer says "garden
sprayer" on the side and is filled with glysophate...   :-)
  About all he does anymore is work in his yard and work at
his job. He is giving a lot of thought to moving to
something like a condo where someone else does all of the
caretaking. I would love to have a batch of money handy
when he decides to do that. In his barn is that Allis
Chalmers C, An 8N Ford, a 656 IHC and a nice Model A Ford
sedan. There a couple of other cars in there too but they
don't interest me and I don't know what they are. Funny
thing is that he isn't really into old tractors and he has
not driven that model A for several years.

--
"farmer"
Hewick Midwest

The master in the art of living makes little distinction
between his
work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and
his body,
his information and his recreation, his love and his
religion. He
hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision
of
excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide
whether he
is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.
 ~ James A. Michener, attributed

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net