[AT] Different color tractors

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Oct 14 09:37:41 PDT 2005

LOL!  The story about the JD brought back memories, Farmer.  I watched
my Uncle Jim running the same vintage tractor (unstyled JD A) around the
corral while loading the manure spreader with a FEL and trip bucket.
The loader just had one cylinder mounted ahead of the tricycle wheels
and a cable ran over a pulley on the top end of it to lift the bucket.
He never let anyone else run it except him because of the complexity of
controls and the fact that it was inherently unstable when the bucket
was more than a couple feet off the ground.  I used to watch him run it
from the relative safety of the top of the silo!

Larry