[AT] Different color tractors

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 14 08:32:10 PDT 2005

	I love all colors of tractors and have John Deere (2), IHC
(6), MF (1), MM (1), AC (2) and Son Scott has an Oliver and
an AC. Most of them even run.   :-)    I have in the past
owned and (stupidly) sold Ford, Oliver, Ferguson, Coop, JD
and AC. With all that variety on the farm I feel entitled
to pick on any color...  ;-)
	I have a terrible shortage of Case... I would like to cure
that but it is not to be this year. Maybe next year...
	Now that my life has started up again, once I get all
other current shop projects done this early winter I want
to get at least 2 more of mine running and hope to get two
more painted. The ones painted will probably not be the
same two I get running. We also want to get Scotts AC 190-
XT running by spring. I'm clearing a hole to move it from
the east barn into the shop.

	Can you imagine anything handier than an AC-WC fitted with
a hand clutch...   ;-)   Then an implement behind it with a
couple of levers to work...
	Of course you green guys shouldn't smirk. I watched a
friend using a John Deere without live hydraulics or power
steering using a loader in tight quarters.   :-)   I could
hardly keep track of his limbs as he worked brakes with
both feet and constantly used the clutch, steering wheel,
hydraulic lever and bucket trip all at once and having to
shift to neutral and put the clutch back in to raise the
loader each time...   :-)    It was all just a blur.   :-)
	Ah, the good old days.

--
"farmer"
Hewick Midwest

The master in the art of living makes little distinction
between his
work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and
his body,
his information and his recreation, his love and his
religion. He
hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision
of
excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide
whether he
is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.
 ~ James A. Michener, attributed

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net