[Steam-engine] sandblasting (steam)

Eric Applegate eric at glassactonline.com
Wed Oct 12 11:15:32 PDT 2005

The device you fellas keep mentioning is called a steam lance.  very help to clean flues or nearly anything.  We put a Tee in front of the Blow down valve so we could pull water from the bottom of the boiler.  The super hot water is flashing to steam as it leaves the lance.  The lance is just bascily a lenght of pipe with a nossel at the end.  The nossel can be something as simple as a pipe cap with a hole drilled into it.  I have seen some that have the shut off valve on the lance.  I am not so sure this a good idea as when the hose blows things could get very exciting if you don't have a way to shut it down back at the boiler.

Eric