[Steam-engine] sandblasting (steam)

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 07:27:42 PDT 2005

Rick;
     I think there should be a base with grates, and an ash door with air
damper under there. I've seen
them fabbed up from old truck rims when they are missing, but there are a
lot of old boilers around
that are shot on the pressure vessel end, you may get lucky!
     I also would like to thank the more experienced guys for sharing their
experiences on sandblasting,
I thought it might be a "no-no", but couldn't think of any good reason why,
turns out it may be one of
the best ways to bring up old stampings! Good thread!
Best Regards;
Jim Mackessy