[Farmall] gasoline/spark plugs

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Mon Oct 10 13:16:09 PDT 2005

How about going to electronic ignition?  About $100 but if you don't need
to keep changing spark plugs and can use reg gas it might work out

Frank Dewitt

>I know this is probably opening a can of worms, but I've been having to
>replace the spark plugs in my working cubs fairly often lately.  I run
>Champion D21 plugs, midgrade fuel, and neither tractor burns oil.  Plugs
>won't appear fouled, and tractor doesn't smoke, but old plugs will be
>solid black when removed.  I told the parts man I wanted something
>besides Champions this time.  He gave me AC 87s, but said they probably
>won't help.  According to him most of the local guys still using the
>older IH, John Deeres, etc. for work have all changed over to using
>premium grade fuel.  Only way they could find to keep from having to
>replace plugs every few hours of work time.  Anyone else running into this?
>
>--
>  John
>another one of them
>*.?-!.* cub owners

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web   http://www.lbpinc.com