[AJD] Float ride rubber Torsion Springs

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Sat Oct 8 08:14:38 PDT 2005

No way to differentiate visually that I know of.
I myself would not use the Taiwan springs unless there was not another choice. They
delaminate and seperate although not as often as when they were first produced. The US
made springs are actually made in the original tooling. Long story how this all came
about, why Deere discontinued them etc but suffice to say I've sold them for years and
have had zero failures on the US springs. I did have a few failures on the Taiwan when
they first came out.
Many surviving springs are not necessarily broken but the UV has not been kind to
most, nearly shredding the surface rubber. Some have also taken a set or twist to them
so even though they aren't broken they no longer work properly. I have I believe one
oddball original perhaps two here but I'm not certain which one they are.
Last list price on Deere's, which I had, were approximately $72 each, this was what,
15 years ago maybe? Factor in the typical price escalation/relentless march we've all
experienced on other parts since them and I would imagine that today, if Deere still
offered them, they would be in the $140 to $160 each range.

Also it's best to deal with the bushings and pins and perhaps even the shock at the
same time. Perform all necessary repairs and guess what? The seat works as it was
intended. Amazing.
Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Oct  7 21:53 , 'Dee Schuyler' <web22hsz at verizon.net> sent: