[AT] OT Darwin

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Oct 8 06:40:26 PDT 2005

Hi Karl,

The OSHA and MSHA standards are clear on how  to secure all types of loads.
The only question is:  Did the company properly train the employee or did
the employee fail to follow proceedure?   Having worked in a supervisory
capacity in industrial construction for a lot of years I suscpect the
employee failed to follow proceedure.  I have never been able to understand
why men being paid by the hour  will take "time saving" short cuts that put
their lives at risk when the companies they work for want them to take the
time, do it right and be safe.

It is a terrible accident anyway it happened.

Charlie