[Farmall] gasoline/spark plugs

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 7 10:51:29 PDT 2005

I know this is probably opening a can of worms, but I've been having to
replace the spark plugs in my working cubs fairly often lately.  I run
Champion D21 plugs, midgrade fuel, and neither tractor burns oil.  Plugs
won't appear fouled, and tractor doesn't smoke, but old plugs will be
solid black when removed.  I told the parts man I wanted something
besides Champions this time.  He gave me AC 87s, but said they probably
won't help.  According to him most of the local guys still using the
older IH, John Deeres, etc. for work have all changed over to using
premium grade fuel.  Only way they could find to keep from having to
replace plugs every few hours of work time.  Anyone else running into this?

--
 John
another one of them