[Steam-engine] Stainless vs. Sch 80

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 05:59:14 PDT 2005

Thank you all for your answers to my question.  Look
like a pretty one-sided discussion so far.  You folks
have presented some valuable tips.  Does anyone have
experience with Stainless on a traction engine?  I was
visiting with Tom Hall from Newburgh IN a couple of
weeks ago and he is the one who put the stainless bug
in my ear.  Tom has the most beautiful and best
running Keck-Gonnerman that I havew ever seen and I
take his advice seriously.  Tom has mild steel
plumbing on his Keck and he told me that if he were to
do it again it would get stainless.  Tom tells me that
he has some trouble with rust in the pipes.  Has rust
been a big problem for you folks?  How do you deal
with it?

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN