[Steam-engine] New guy's sugestion

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 16:56:57 PDT 2005

Andre, they are actually doing that at a plant east of here. The engineer
there came up with
the idea, and they partnered with a combustion outfit to make up the
gasifiers and burners.
They are using it on some older Erie City 200 HP boilers. There are
grinders, conveyors,
and all sorts of automation, PLC's run the whole thing, using VFD's for
motor speed control.
It's the most sophisticated thing I've seen in a while!
Jim Mackessy