[AT] re: cub carb

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 5 10:24:17 PDT 2005

>From: HaliganBar at aol.com
>Subject: [AT] Cub Carb Adjustment
>I just rebuilt the carb on my Cub. Even though the tractor is a '49, the
>carb
>has a 1966 date stamped on it. During the rebuild I replaced the throttle
>shaft and now I'm having some issues with getting the tractor to run
>properly.
>Basically it seems that the throw on the throttle is way off. If I pull the
>throttle back past half way the engine drops below idle and dies. Also I'm
>guessing that the engine isn't running at full RPM when I push the throttle
>to full
>open.

I have a 66 cub, and the carb has been replaced with a zenith carb off a
185X model... complete with breather hose adapter for the larger intake..
etc.

Is yours the oem cub carb? or a zenith?

When you replaced the throttle shaft, did you also replace the shaft seals /
packing?  Choke packing?

As the other poster said.. see if yuo get max rpms by manually actuating the
throttle.. not letting the governor do it.

Of course.. if it is very righ, or the float is stuck / not set right.. you
could be flooding out.. etc.

I started with 1 turn on the main and adjusted from there by ear, and
checking for engine stumble..

Soundguy