[Steam-engine] OT: Farm games for kids

Lawrence Swanz LSwanz at superioriron.com
Wed Oct 5 08:51:05 PDT 2005

Mark,

Must be the season, or a bug, but we are having a small gathering at my place here in Minnesota also.  My wife has turned my fall steam-up into something more like a fall festival.  She has painted several 4x8 sheets of plywood and cut the faces out for people to stand behind or in front of.  Also, she has set up a bean-bag toss game, jumbo air trampoline and other such activities for the kids.  She also has made gift bags to hand out to each child who chooses to participate at the games.  Anyway, we are going to have my 1/2 scale 25 hsp GaarScott, Kara's Ford/Stanely (home built) steam truck, and John Titterington's home built steam traction engine.  All three will be steamed up and the two traction engines will be either running the baker fan and or a buzz saw.  Along with we have a trailer set up to be pulled behind John T's engine with hay bales or a good-ol'-fashion hayride.  That evening, weather permitting, we plan to put on a sparkler show to round out the days events.  We typically get anywhere from 60 to 80 people to show up.  Like wise as you, anyone that is interested that is in the area is more than welcome to come.  According to the weather man, sounds like we should have fall like weather, a little chilly but no rain in the forecast.  Hopefully!!!

Anyone that wishes to attend may contact me off list and I can give them directions.  By the way Mark, have a good day.  I will have to toot the whistle in your honor.  Hope you have good weather and a great day also.

Lawrence J. Swanz
lswanz at superioriron.com
763/389-0239 (home)
612/209-6464 (cell)