[Steam-engine] Wachs Stationary Engine cylinder drain(s)

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Oct 5 07:32:58 PDT 2005

  Howdy everyone;

   Getting a little chilly here in the morning's  which is about normal I
guess, but no white stuff..yet.

  Question please;

 The Wachs parts manual shows a typical glass water level gauge with the two
handwheels and petcock drain...exactly(?) like I've seen on boilers.  But
here they show it used for the cylinder drain(s).  I see I can get one at
McMaster but would like to see if there's any comments on this before I
spend the bucks.

  We now have a Lunk JUNIOR displacement oiler and it's cleaning up nicely.
The glass tube is .910 OD and that may pose a problem finding one that
diameter.  Also, will need some help in getting the right material for the
packing on the handwheel gland as it appers to take something other than
graphite string.

  Having a very good time with it.  Piston and rod should go in soon.

  Appreciate any help

Sincerely
RickinMt.