[AT] Cub Carb Adjustment

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 05:05:47 PDT 2005

I just rebuilt the carb on my Cub. Even though the tractor is a '49, the carb
has a 1966 date stamped on it. During the rebuild I replaced the throttle
shaft and now I'm having some issues with getting the tractor to run properly.
Basically it seems that the throw on the throttle is way off. If I pull the
throttle back past half way the engine drops below idle and dies. Also I'm
guessing that the engine isn't running at full RPM when I push the throttle to full
open.

So, what is the proper way to adjust my carb? The information in the I&T
manual is a little thin in this area. I suspect that I will also have to adjust
the linkage between the governor and the carb. Any help is appreciated.

Karl