[AT] Further info on "new" Pony

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Oct 5 07:35:29 PDT 2005

I checked the serial number on my new Pony with the racks for irrigation pipe / harvesting vegetables. It is a 1951. I am going to have to try and figure out what amount of weight it can handle as those 4.00x15 tires on the front are so tiny. Also I need to see if the battery can take a charge or if I need a new one. This morning is the first cool day of fall here, I almost wanted to put on something over my shirt when I first went outside. I sure hope the frost holds off until I get lots more of my fall veggies harvested as that is my income source!
    I'm curious about others experiences with the MH Pony and how much it can carry and how it handles loads on the front end. I don't want to damage it and then have to fix the damage!!! I need extra work self-inflicted like a hole in the head.... Also, never having had a tiny tractor / engine like this before, other than not getting it stuck, what else should I know that I will have to make sure neither I nor field laborers don't do?
    My first task is to find a clamp for the tie rod on the steering as the left one is missing. I assume most MH Pony tractors are wide front end? This one is 80" centers like the majority of local wheel tractors. I need to go start irrigation water, so I'll close this email.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California