[Steam-engine] Hauling trailer preference

Mark mark at ironacres.com
Tue Oct 4 13:47:52 PDT 2005

Ok, here's a question for the list. For those of you who drive your own rig
and haul your own engine, what type of trailer do you prefer? For reference,
I'm talking about semi-trailers here. The two options I can see are a lowboy
detach (about 18" off the ground) or a deck over lowboy (about 36" off the
ground). I think the detach would be nice in terms of having the engine low
to the ground. But my experience is loading a lowboy detach with a cold
steam engine is not the smoothest process. A regular lowboy puts the engine
higher but is easier to load since you can back right up and just winch it
on.

Comments, thoughts, know of a reasonably priced (hobby price) trailer for
sale?

Mark