[AJD] Barn Electric Service, was Late A Roll-o-...

Bus Driver mpmbd at yadtel.net
Tue Oct 4 08:29:41 PDT 2005

Typically, the voltage drop will be quite tolerable for the first hundred
feet for wire sizes selected per the conventional tables. No size adjustment
is needed. 400 feet will require some calculations for voltage drop. If this
is a one-man shop, I suggest calculating the maximum amperage that might be
used at one time. Some equipment, such as an air compressor, might run at
the same time as the welder. Lights in the same category. Article 630 in the
NEC permits smaller wires for welders depending on the duty cycle. I have
the 2005 NEC at hand and will help as you post more info.